- About WES
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Partnership and sponsorship
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- Professional Engineering Institutions (PEIs)
- Careers in Engineering
- Enewsletter and journal
- Resources and Links
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
What is WES About?
- Keeping women’s careers on track through career breaks
- Speaking out about issues of concern to women scientists and engineers
- Inspiring others, celebrating women’s successes
- Connecting and networking women across levels students, workplace networks
The principal activities of the Society are to promote the education of women in engineering sciences and other skills, to better fit women for the practice of engineering and allied sciences and to advance the education of the public concerning the study and practice of engineering and allied sciences among women.
Mission Bluebell is the WES internal strategy to build a fit for purpose modern Society.
- Improved processes and use of web 2.0 technology
- Relationship buidling and dialogues with stakeholders
- Technical Leaders - Identifying and celebrating technical women and their achievements
- Effective campaigns around 'Inspring Women' and safety clothing.
- Increased opportuniteis fro connecting and inspiring women
Our aspirations were set out in our business plan 2007 - 2012. The Business Plan (PDF) defines the ambitions of WES from 2007 until 2012. The plan is under review each year.