- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Process Focus Team Manager
Back to listBack to list
Process Focus Team Manager
Location: Brierley Hill, UK
Job advertised until: 26 April 2017
Our hydraulic business at Brierley Hill is a remote location of our bigger site at Havant, which is a centre for product innovation providing hydraulic valves that meet a wide range of customer requirements in the Oil and Gas exploration, Renewable Energy and Industrial markets. At Brierley Hill our main products are industrial hoses for Fluid Power Conveyance.
The primary responsibility of the Process Focus Team Manager is to manage, direct and deploy resources, people and capital for the timely production of quality products at the most competitive cost and to the highest safety. In Brierley Hill this extends to Customer Service, managing local procurement activities and managing the Planning and Quality Functions and is fully engaged including in Warranty and Repair activities.
The incumbent of this role will be managing a team of 13 people and reporting directly to Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure adherence to highest Eaton MESH and country health, safety and environmental standards
- Actively drive and achieve the plant key performance indicators for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost (High Five Plant targets)
- Drive the shop floor problem solving process to meet demand and to continuously improve working standards
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement and lean culture throughout the business unit
- Demonstrate a hands-on, Go & See approach
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to own team and others where appropriate
- Generate a highly motivated and committed workforce with emphasis on people development and continuous improvement
- Effectively communicate within the team, including Planning and Quality, as well as with support functions,Plant Leadership Team , withall internal and external customers and Havant peer group
- Ensure effective product launches and change management systems are in place and effectively utilized
- Lead effective Customer service activities ensuring order processing isefficiently managed
- Manage the local quality function to meet targets and ensure a profitable and customer focused Warranty and repair service
- Manage internal supplier relationships
- Production manufacturing experience essential
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent ideal but not essential
- Broad lean and continuous improvement processes knowledge and experience
- Customer Interface experience essential (Point of Contact)
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is recognized as a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of reliable, high-efficiency hydraulic systems and components for use in mobile and industrial applications. The Hydraulics Group also includes Eaton's Filtration, Golf Grip and Airflex industrial clutch and brake businesses. Eaton pumps, motors, transmissions, valves, cylinders, controls, hose and fittings offer a unique combination of proven technology and innovative design that translates directly into reliable performance and enhanced uptime. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Please note by applying for this vacancy you will be a subject of background check process.