- About WES
- WES Conferences
- Enewsletter and journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Partnership and sponsorship
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- Member News
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Links and Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
The Women's Engineering Society home page
- Women in STEM - Are you In or Out? Survey Results
This survey looking at women in STEM professions and what they see as barriers to returning to work after a career break was carried out between May and September 2014. Initial results are in.
23 June 2015. Start planning now.
WES - working to inspire women in engineering and allied sciences for 95 years; promoting careers in engineering; supporting companies with gender diversity; and speaking as the collective voice of women engineers. See the student conference overview below:
JOIN US NOW and support our work.
Have a look and see how you can help WES in 2014. Volunteer and build your CV!
Join WES as a Company Member to support your technical women, demonstrate your support of gender equality in the workplace, or sponsor a WES project, programme or award. Share good practice with other employers.
Or, if you have jobs to advertise, see our new Jobs section.
...and help us make a difference.
If you wish to make a donation to WES or have a payment to make, including one-off membership fees, you can now pay online.
WES works in conjunction with other similar organisations who share our goals. See the list of our Associates here.
MentorSET has been temporarily suspended whilst funding is found to continue to offer this service. For further information please contact the WES office.
- Wake up to a Career in Engineering
- Hattie Hasan, Founder of Stopcocks Women Plumbers is on a mission to support women and girls who want to enter the industry
- Happy Engineers Get Dancing to Pharrel Williams - ICE Video
- Why we need diversity in Engineering, Orla Kelly, NCUB blog
- Women Engineers Needed - Join a Network for Support Meg Munn MP
- What was a girl to do? Rachel Parsons - engineer and feminist campainger. Article by Henrietta Heald
- Barb Smardzich and colleagues at Ford celebrating National Women in Engineering Day
Tell us what you do and why you do it here.
Is your Company doing some great work that you would like us to feature?
See what Instron are doing here.
We are grateful for the support of the WES Company Members shown below.